Re: compile gtkmm source code

On Fri, 2006-23-06 at 12:00 +0100, cd rom wrote:
> hi, i am a newbie to gtkmm programming, i  can program c++ so now i
> like to experience GUI. I am fowlling the tutorial from the website,
> the problem that i am facing is i can't compile gtkmm source code.
> Like this, i am using anjuta to compile+manage gtkmm project and i
> append the line `pkg-config gtkmm -2.4 --cflags --libs` and it works
> for some project and for others it complains about missing headers
> like gtkmm.h, main.h. It drives me insane + frustration. So do you
> guys use any IDE for gtkmm or you guys just compile it from terminal
> and in either case can you explain how to set it up or do it?

Hi, I went through the same frustration with Anjuta that you're going
through. I then installed codeblocks stable
( http://www.codeblocks.org/ ) and it works great. In order to get gtkmm
working with codeblocks, look at these posts:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3181.0 . Now, I don't have
to write makefiles and all that. I just build and run the execs from
codeblocks :)

Enjoy,
-Gezim