Re: accelerators outside menu

an hour later ... I still can't make the accelerators work. I tried, inside my GtkWindow derivate construtor:

    m_accelerators  = get_accel_group();
    Glib::RefPtr<Glib::Object> accelertable = m_accelerators; // ????
    if ( ! m_accelerators ) throw missing_widget( "Gtk::Window::get_accel_group() returned empty!" );
    m_accelerators->activate( /*GQuark ???*/ Glib::Quark("fullscreen"), /* accelertable ??? */ accelertable, 'F', Gdk::CONTROL_MASK );
    m_accelerators->signal_accel_activate().connect( sigc::mem_fun( *this, &MyWindow::on_fullscreen ) );

it compiled fine, and also ran, but Ctrl+F never activate anything :( ... Any ideas ?

I also tried:
     m_accelerators  = get_accel_group();
    add_accelerator( "fullscreen", m_accelerators, 'F', /* Modifiers GDK::CONTROL_MASK */ Gdk::RELEASE_MASK, Gtk::ACCEL_VISIBLE );
    ..

but it complains:

 Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:3260: widget `gtkmm__GtkWindow' has no activatable signal "fullscreen" without arguments

well, understandable ... but I couldn't find where to associate the "accel_signal" (a string) to an actual signal which I could connect to.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

thnks!

jan