Re: RecentInfo

On 7/30/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 17:57 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I've fixed that in cvs. We were using the wrong _CLASS_* macro.
>
> You'll still need that traits specialization though, I think.

I made some more corrections in cvs (after breaking the build for a
while). I'm not sure if everything is perfect, but the example seems to
work now.

OK, so the existing example works, but RecentManager::get_items()
still segfaults when trying to construct a std::vector.  I apologize
that I haven't had time to look into adding a traits specialization
for that.  Actually, I'm not sure how to approach that.  The traits
specializations are implemented in Glib.  For example,
glib/glibmm/containerhandle_shared.h has the following type:
template <class T>
struct TypeTraits< Glib::RefPtr<const T> >
{
}

Which matches the ListHandle<Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::RecentInfo> >  type,
but we don't want this template to match since it assumes that T is a
GObject type.  So we'd need a more specialized template, something
like:
struct TypeTraits< Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::RecentInfo> >

But this couldn't be defined in Glib, since it depends on a gtkmm
type.  So do we just add a traits specialization to the
recentinfo.hg/ccg files in gtkmm?

--
jonner