problem redrawing label

Hello everybody,

I have a class CcustomDialog with a label. I'm using this dialog with labels like 'please wait' or 'enter pincode' when HAL detects a usbkey for my program. The problem is that the label doesn't redraw correctly. That is, sometimes it redraws only half, sometimes it redraws completely and sometimes I only see the dialog window but no label.

I added the famous event handle routine as you can see in the code snippet below because I'm running from a signal_timeout callback. But this doesn't help. I also tried to call m_label->queue_draw and m_dialog->queue_draw before the event handling to force an expose event but it doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

Greetings Harm

-----
gdk_threads_enter();

CcustomDialog
->m_label->set_label("key inserted");
CcustomDialog->m_dialog->present();

while(Gtk::Main::instance()->events_pending())
{
     Gtk::Main::instance()->iteration();
}

sleep(1);