GTKmm Streaming web image

First off I apologize if this has been brought up before but I'm new to the
list and a quick search didn't turn anything up.
I have a webcam that I need to display a live image from.  The problem is
the camera only has an ethernet interface and internal web server.  Is there
an easy way to grab the stream and insert it into a GTK::Image?  I have
looked into Gdk::Pixbuf but I don't see anything that would work.
My other thought is that I will have to do the socket dance and save the
stream to a file, but since the stream never ends won't that lock up the
application (without threads of course)?
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
UNOmar
Sent from the Gtkmm forum at Nabble.com.