Re: Gtk::window.present() doesn't always present

Elijah Newren wrote:
On 7/14/06, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com> wrote:

I think the question from Harm really is about how you can show a window
without an event (or atleast with an event from an external process), and I
have been wondering the same thing too (if it is at all possible).  As I
read it he wants to present a window when something is received through an
IPC message queue.  - In my world this is isomorphic to "how do I present a
window from a dbus callback?"

Yes, that is exactly my problem. But I didn't put it that way because I didn't know for sure that not having an event was the problem.

My questions were there to point out that you got a dbus callback for
a reason, most likely because of a user interaction with another
application.  Information from such user interaction events should be
passed along to the application being requested to handle it.

Admittedly I have not tried sending the the event.time via dbus to the
application which should do the window presenting (which then could do a
present_with_time with the given timestamp). Does this have any chance of
working?

Yes.  :)

Great! But how can I get the timestamp from a Gtk::Button::signal_clicked()? Should I override the on_frame_event and save the last timestamp?