RE: Appended row not being displayed

On Tue, July 11, 2006 13:15, Murray Cumming wrote:
<snip>
> Are you using a custom treemodel, or are you adding the rows
> during some intensive processing that would stop the UI from
> updating?
<snip>

I'm using a standard treemodel with application code populating the
columns in the rows, and yes, this is during some pretty intensive
processing.  Approx. 6 rows are being added each second, with a possible
maximum of 100,000 rows in the treemodel that need to be displayed and
scrolled by the user.

The TreeView is rendering the content of a virtual memory mapped region
that is serving as a circular log of events.  The events are what are
being logged to this memory religion at approx. 6 rows per second.  Each
of these entries in the region is 176 bytes in length, but is represented
as a row in the treeview that includes a unsigned long time stamp for
sorting, an icon, a time stamp string, a 3-4 character address, and a 150
byte message.

It makes me wonder if I can relieve some of the contention by threading
the GUI update part of the code.  Is this a good idea?  Would it have the
desired effect of keeping the GUI updated in a more timely fashion?