From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
To: jalqadir netscape net
Cc: gtkmm-list gnome org
Sent: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:30:19 +0100
Subject: Re: Quark?

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 05:47 -0500, jalqadir netscape net wrote:
> What is a Quark in Gtkmm?

It's a glib thing. A quark identifies a string uniquely, after you register that
quark name.
I think it is used to avoid doing string comparison, for performance.

You shouldn't see it anywhere in the gtkmm API. I notice that it is used
in Glib::Object::get/set_data() but those are not very useful functions,
and I think I might deprecate them.

www.openismus.com

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com