RE: cairo-xlib-surface.c:401 _swap_ximage_to_native: Assertion `N OT_R EACHED' failed.

Working the case from the cairo side, here is the code that is blowing up:

    switch (ximage->bits_per_pixel) {
    case 1:
    unit_bytes = ximage->bitmap_unit / 8;
    break;
    case 8:
    case 16:
    case 32:
    unit_bytes = ximage->bits_per_pixel / 8;
    break;
    default:
        /* This could be hit on some uncommon but possible cases,
     * such as bpp=4. These are cases that libpixman can't deal
     * with in any case.
     */
    ASSERT_NOT_REACHED;
    }

So, what we might be needing to look for is a bpp=4 image in the
application?  I'm pretty sure but everything in my application is bpp=24.

It also seems like since this backtrace is not even in my code, that this
may be coming from somewhere else.  To support this assertion, I built
examples/window/wheelbarrow.cc and tried to run it, and got the same
results: wheelbarrow: cairo-xlib-surface.c:401: _swap_ximage_to_native:
Assertion `NOT_REACHED' failed.

So it doesn't seem to be related to my application code.  Who do you think
needs to know about this issue?  Where should I report it?