Re: Boxes in a frame

For a bit more in the way of formatting control, you could add a Gtk::Table to your frame (inside that first vertical box even) and use that as your secondary container.

Bob

jalqadir netscape net wrote:

I have a class that derives from Gtk::Frame, which arranges its widgets in a vertical way, I need to add three horizontal boxes to my class, but after using the member function add(widget*....) to add the three boxes and running the program I realize that I don't get the boxes displayed. Here is the snip code.
 --
class AddressFrame : virtual public Gtk::Frame{
private:
    Gtk::HBox* hboxOne;
    Gtk::HBox* hboxTwo;
    Gtk::HBox* hboxThree;
};
Address::Address{
   try{
        hboxOne         = Gtk::manage(new Gtk::HBox());
        hboxTwo         = Gtk::manage(new Gtk::HBox());
        hboxThree       = Gtk::manage(new Gtk::HBox());
  }catch ( std::bad_alloc & x ) {throw;}
  this->add(dynamic_cast<Gtk::Widget&>(*hboxOne));
  this->add(dynamic_cast<Gtk::Widget&>(*hboxTwo));
  this->add(dynamic_cast<Gtk::Widget&>(*hboxThree));
}
I remember reading that when using the add() method one can only add one widget to the container, but after looking for its pack_start() counter part, I realize that this container does not have such member function. What can I do to solve this problem? TIA * You cannot exercise your power to a point of humiliation.
- Jean Chretien

* It's amazing how the small seeds of distrust and misunderstanding
can yield a crop of hate and death...

* If that document has fine printing anywhere, just chuck it in the garbage
- Jorge Escalante
Ma'assalama! Adiós! bye!

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE