Re: gtkmm for Maemo

Murray,

a few issues:

1. I was searching for debianized gtkmm-related libs around to no avail.
Being totally ignorant of dpkg system, perhaps I have looked in all
wrong places. Basically, I want to be able to build botk SDK_PC and
SDK_ARM .deb packages. Any hints?

2. There is an unfortunate conflict between maemo package
installation philosophy and the rest of the word - namely, maemo allows
only one dependency on phseudo package 'maemo'. This came about mostly
because they want to provide 'beam app' functionality and beaming
dependencies would be cumbersome (???). Thus, all 'extra' packages are
installed in mysterious /var/lib/install prefix. Folks over at Kernel
Concepts ported their GPE PIM apps
http://oss.kernelconcepts.de/maemo/ and ignored maemo recommendations
alltogether by providing tons of libraries along the way. I think that
would be preferred way for gtkmm port as well.

3. hildon-widgetsmm package has two wrinkles:

  - After installation, I had to edit
    /usr/lib/pkgconfig/hildon-widgetsmm.pc and replace
    hildon-widgets with hildon-libs in Requires: tag.

  - /usr/include/hildon-widgetsmm/hildon-widgetsmm.h includes
    a set of libgdamm include files nowhere to be found.

thanks,
-Vlad

Vladislav Grinchenko       http://home.comcast.net/~3rdshift/
                                 e-mail: 3rdshift comcast net

      Focus on quality, and productivity will follow.