Deleting a timer

Hi,
I used g_timeout_add to call a function every tot seconds (or minutes).
Now I'd want to delete and add dynamically the timer. In other words,
i've a button that initialize the timer, and another button that stop
the timer. So if i click the first button:
std::cout << "Inizialiting timer...\n";
	guint timer_id;
	timer_id = g_timeout_add(30000,(GSourceFunc)scansioneDB::acquisisciAux,true);

and

gboolean scansioneDB::acquisisciAux(bool start)
{
	if (!start)
		return 0;
	else {
		std::cout << "Eseguo operazione pianificata...\n";
		return 1;
	}
}

If, from the clicked event of the stop button, I call acquisisciAux
with false parameter this stop the timer??? Or i've to call
g_timeout_add(30000,(GSourceFunc)scansioneDB::acquisisciAux,false)???
--
Ciao da
N poleone (ICQ# 266220356; MSN Messenger: napoleone1981 yahoo it)