Re: Loading preferences dialogs with Glade

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 10:57 -0600, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
> I'm still interested in hearing if there are better ways to think about
> this problem, or other issues I need to consider.

We (LyX) do it like this:
Each dialog class has a Glib::RefPtr<Gnome::Glade::Xml> member called
xml_, which is created in a member function of the dialog, build(),
using Gnome::Glade::Xml::create.  build() is never called directly - to
show the dialog we have a show() function which checks if xml_ is NULL,
and if so calls build(), and then it calls show() for the Gtk::Window.

Whether a window is modal depends simply on whether it was set as such
in the glade file.

John