Re: Glade, libglade and Gtk::ComboBox

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 09:02, Nathan Hüsken wrote:
Hello together,

I am designing my GUI with glade, loading it with libglade.
Now, I want a Gtk::ComboBox (and not Gtk::ComboBoxEntry beacuse I do
not want it to be editeable). Unfortanly, I can not find it, I can only
find Gtk::Combo.
Gtk::Combo I can not find in the Documentation, don't know hot to use
it ... how do I get my ComboBox?
Thanks!
Nathan
Hmmm. I'm beginning to think there may be reason(s) Murray has certain reservations about Glade. What I think is happening is that Gtk::Combo is a widget from gtkmm-2.2 that has been deprecated in gtkmm-2.4 and replaced with Gtk::ComboBox. Except that Glade hasn't gotten around to it yet. So to learn about Gtk::Combo you need to look in the gtkmm-2.2 documentation. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the 2.2 docs online at gtkmm.org. What I did (if I can remember that far back) is that I downloaded the gtkmm-2.2.12.tar.gz tarball  from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtkmm/2.2/ and compiled that somewhere innocuous, then copied the docs directory to  my usual docs/html location.

You probably don't need to do a full compile, and you may not have all the dependencies anyway. I don't know that the tarball's docs dir needs compilation at all: you might just be able to unzip it and use it as is. Or you can shoot me a personal email and I can send you a tarball of just my own gtkmm-2.2 docs directory. Or maybe someone else knows where to find the gtkmm-2.2 docs online.

Or maybe you can just pretend the gtkmm-2.4 ComboBox documentation will for the most part work for gtkmm-2.2 Combo, and proceed with trepidation...

Ed