Re: "no need for these functions" ?

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 10:37 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> This from gc.h in gtkmm 2.6:
>
>   // Custom wrap these?, maybe with a Gdk::GC::Value class. Need to do
> take care of refcounts of GdkGCValue's fields.
>   // Actually, I don't see the need for these methods. murrayc.

I don't actually remember writing that. So I must guess what I meant.

>   //_WRAP_METHOD(void get_values(GdkGCValues& values) const,
> gdk_gc_get_values)
>   //_WRAP_METHOD(void set_values(const GdkGCValues& values, GCValuesMask
> values_mask), gdk_gc_set_values)
>   //__IGNORE(gdk_gc_get_values, gdk_gc_set_values)
>
> the reason these methods are useful is when you want to modify a GC and
> then reset it back to whatever values it had before (eg. a clip mask).

Even after seeing the C documentation:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Graphics-Contexts.html#GdkGCValues

I'm still not quite sure what a GdkGCValues does. Is it just for saving
the whole state of a GdkGC, or is it often used to set individual
details.

Maybe we should just use it to implement an operator=() ?

> do you have an alternate suggestion for how to do this?

For now, of course, you can use gobj() and use the original C functions.

www.openismus.com