[OT] full pathname to a specific file

Hi, I'm currently adding a feature to my gtkmm image viewer gimmage
which will allow the user to open all files in the directory even though
only one file was initially opened (as per user request). However,
get_current_dir_name or getcwd do not cut it as the application is not
always launched from the command-line and hence the current working
directory is not always correct. Also, when an argument such as
"images/image.jpg" is given on the command line, the aforementioned
functions don't return (obviously) the right path.

Any ideas?

-Bartek