Re: gtkmm Hello World compile problem

Quoting Zachary Berry <zachberry gmail com>:
I didn't see the option in the repositories to get it so I compiled both
from source.  Are there certain versions of the GTK+ that won't match with
gtkmm?  I just grabbed the latest versions of all the files.

Both are indeed in the repositories, I think called things like libgtk2.0 and libgtkmm-2.4 (with appropriate -dev endings). "apt-cache search libgtk" is your friend.

Given the errors you're seeing I'm not convinced you really have the latest versions, although if you do I guess it's possible that you left off the printing component in GTK when you compiled it.

Anyway, it's probably easier to get rid of the hand-compiled versions and work from packages.

Cheers,
John