Re: How do I validate/limit/filter the input to a Gtk::Entry?

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Robert Caryl wrote:

> >I'm trying to translate a sample program from GTK FAQ
> >	6.15. How do I validate/limit/filter the input to a GtkEntry?
> >	http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN843
> >to GTKmm.
> >
> >But it does not work and I don't know why.
>
> Try connecting to "signal_changed" instead of "signal_insert_text".

I know I can connect to "changed", but it would be inefficient on
long inputs as this would have to check the whole text on every typed
letter.

And the program I wrote is basically just a rewrite of sample GTK
program which does work. I'm wondering why it is not working - did I
make an error or is it a bug or what.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you