problems with gtkmm windows installer

Hi,

I got some problems with installing gtkmm under my WinXp system. I followed
the steps from the book in Appendix E but when i try the command pkg-config
--cflags gtkmm-2.4, the system is not recognizing the installed libraries.
It tells me to add the gtkmm-2.4.pc to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviorment
variable After finding the location of the file I added also this path
there. But now it asks for a file called "gobject-2.0". And this I did not
find at all at my pc.

Just to check, I installed after the following order:
1. Dev-Cpp
2. gtk-dev-2.10.6-win32-1
3. gtkmm-devel-2.8.8-2

Thank you in advance for your help