Re: Gtkmm-Win32 and Dev-Cpp

On 11/30/06, Jamiil Abduqadir <jalqadir gmail com> wrote:
I have recently installed Gtkmm-2.4 on my MS-Windows XP box. Following
the installations instructions given in the documentation for Dev-Cpp,
I installed it at the 'C:\Dev-Cpp' subdirectory.
Now, when I type 'pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4' at the prompt I get a
message saying:
Pakage gtkmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps
you should add the directory containing  the file to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable..."
I did as suggested by the message, however, I now get the same message
about 'libpng12'; only this time I could not find the file in my
sistem.
Can anyone help?!!

TIA

By chance, I was just setting up gtkmm on my windows computer at work
the other day.  I had the same issue.  I looked in my
C:\GTK\lib\pkgconfig directory and found libpng13.pc and libpng.pc, so
I just edited the cairo.pc file and changed the Requires.private line
to specify libpng instead of libpng12 (if you open the libpng.pc file
you see that it's named libpng12 internally).  I'm not sure why
there's a mismatch here (a windows packaging issue??) but it's pretty
easy to fix manually.

--
jonner