Problems in win 98 and more

hello to everyone
I'm using gtkmm to make a presentation for the shop where I work and I have 2 problems, if anyone can help me it would be great.

1 problem : In Win 98 the aplication do not display the characters, instead it displays rectangles ( see the attachments). This actually I think it is a Gtk+ problem, not gtkmm, because GIMP 2.2.13 has the same problem in Win 98.
In Win XP, everything works perfect.

2 problem :  I want to distribute  this aplication without forcing the users to install gtk+ and gtkmm runtime files. How can I compile the aplication or set the installer (nsis) to do that???

I'm using WinXP, Dev-Cpp and latest Gtk+ and Gtkmm dev files.

I hope someone can help me with htis problems.
Thank's a lot
Felician

PNG image

PNG image