Re: [OT] Database access with gtkmm application?

I see.  I failed to understand earlier when you used the term
"database", which means a lot more than just a single indexed file to me.

/*Bob Caryl*
Fiscal Systems,Inc.
256.772.8920 Ext. 108
http://www.fis-cal.com <http://www.fis-cal.com/>/

/This email message may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use,
disseminate, distribute, copy or rely on this message or attachment in
any way. If you received this email message in error, please return by
forwarding the message and its attachment to the sender and then delete
the message and its attachment from your computer.

Neither Fiscal Systems, Inc., nor its affiliates, accept any liability
for any errors, omissions, corruption or virus in the contents of this
message or any attachments that arise as a result of e-mail transmission./

Jef Driesen wrote:
> Bob Caryl wrote:
>> Jef Driesen wrote:

>>> From what I have read, PostgreSQL is for a client/server model only.
>>> And requiring a server for a simple desktop application, will make
>>> things
>>> unnecessary complicated.
>>
>> MS Access doesn't run a server?
>
> An MS Access database (*.mdb) is only a file, which can be accessed with
> the appropriate database drivers installed.

begin:vcard
fn:Robert Caryl
n:Caryl;Robert
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Software Design Engineer
tel;work:356-772-8920 X108
x-mozilla-html:TRUE