Re: Ploting widget

Nickolai Dobrynin wrote:
> Jacek,
>
> I highly recommend posting this to the GTK+ list, as many GtkExtra folks
> hang in that forum, especially
> now that the GtkExtra mailing list seems dead.  They may give you plenty
> of useful feedback.  For example,
> due to some memory issues, it may make sense to wrap the current CVS
> snapshot rather than the
> official release version.
I had a chat with the package maintainer directly and submitted some patches already, but time flies
slowly in gtk+extra-land (not that it flies any faster where I'm at =).

> Personally, I think that having a recent version of GtkExtra wrapped is
> awesome!
Yes, although I must say that gtk+extra could use some polishing and a 3.0 with a better interface -
there are loads of things that seem to have remained from gtk1-times...it's very nice and fast once
you convince it to actually draw something, but its api is full of minor annoyances - it doesn't
"feel" like the other widgets.

/Jacek