Re: Glib::Module

> Hi,
> Why would Glib::Module exist if it isn't usable? And if I am correct
> your talking of linux enviroment and I am developing on a windows
> machine. But that wouldn't be a problem if  you use Glib::Module. I want
> to port my app to llinux when I am done thats why I use xxxmm where I
> can. And C++ because its easy readable. I think there wasn't one line of
> my (somewhat stupid) code you did't understand. For starters what does
> the python script? Is that realy needed for a c++ progrram? What you say
> about the standard search paths, why would it, I said my app loads the
> module correct with no error when I call 'get_last_error()' only the
> get_symbol() calling doesn't work. And please never but never again say
> 'that can't be done in c++' because everything that in c can be done in c++!
I think you are wrong here. Not everything that can be done in C can be done in C++.
Just think about automatic signal connection in libglade and libglademm. In
C++ signal handlers (Gtk+'s signals) usually is a method of an object. In C
it's a function. The problem here is that autoconnection can be done only
if you are using C-style handlers (`get_symbol' on you executable) or if language
has reflection mechanisms (like in Java or Common Lisp).

Signal handler autoconnection in C++ in a general way is impossible.

--
WBR, Max Vasin.