Re: Windows don't fully paint on start up

Thanks to all who had responded to my message below.  Now that I've figured
the problem out, I'd like to share it with you so you wouldn't possibly fall
into the same silly trap.

I should never have called Gtk::Table::attach in the on_map callback
after 'show_all_children' has been called in the same callback.

Basically, I was trying to make it so that calling 'show' on a widget
would get the entire widget displayed, just the way this is done
in Qt.  I find that GTK is somewhat inconsistent in that there are too
many 'show'-calls (show, show_all, show_all_children, show_now), each
serving different purpose.  I'd rather have one single call that would
be intelligent enough to know what to do in each particular context.

Just some random thoughts...

Regards,

Nickolai