The string display in diferent language system.

Hello, Everybody

I have written a application to display different languages, like English, Chinese or others. the application is running well. I use gtkmm, mingw and dev-cpp on windows.

If I run the application in Chinese environment Windows XP, the Chinese chacarters displayed well, but in English environment is not.

I wrote the code like this:

Gtk::MessageDialog dialog(*this, "Test the Chinese string.");
Glib::ustring mystring = "this is my string in Chinese, 测试中文字符串的显示";
dialog.set_secondary_text(Glib::locale_to_utf8(mystring));

I know that gtk display the text in utf-8, so I think it will display the same thing in different environment. Why it displayed bad character. Is there any errors in my understand? and how can I do this?

thanks

Johnson