Re: making menuitems insensitive by app context

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 19:34 -0500, Rob Benton wrote:

Bob Caryl wrote:

Rob Benton wrote:

I'm looking for a way, maybe a signal, to make my menuitems sensitive/insensitive based on the state of my program.

This is what Gtk::Actions (see Gtk::UIManager) make easy.

So what would be the functional difference between:

A. Using glade to design the menus and then using libglademm to get them at run-time with get_widget()

B. Building the menus using UIManager at run-time and getting pointers to them with get_action()

Am I overlooking something about the UIManager?