Re: Execution error: GLib-CRITICAL

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:59 +0200, Jorge Villalobos Beato wrote:
Hi, first of all, I don't know if this is the right place to publish my problem, but it's related to Gtkmm in some way, so here it goes:

When I compile the source, everything goes well. However, it's in runtime when I got the following error:

(myprogram:11844): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_convert_with_fallback: assertion `str != NULL' failed

Obviously it seems to be a glib problem, but I'm not doing any strange thing at my gtkmm code.

Running your program with --g-fatal-warnings, in gdb, should show what
causes the problem.

Thanks, Murray. However '--g-fatal-warnings' option did not work for me, gdb gave some useful information:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/tiusender/Projects/myprogram/src/myprogram
[New Thread -1221683520 (LWP 9483)]

(myprogram:9483): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_convert_with_fallback: assertion `str != NULL' failed

[Switching to Thread -1221683520 (LWP 9483)]
0xb78f77a1 in IA__gdk_utf8_to_string_target (str=0x0) at gdkselection-x11.c:789
789     gdkselection-x11.c: No existe el fichero o el directorio.
       in gdkselection-x11.c
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb)

I guess is something related to gdk (obviously), but it comes with gtk, isn't it? So I must reinstall or recompile gtk, gtkmm, both? Thanks in advance.