Re: gdlmm

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 20:37 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 01:20 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
> 1.
> You've hardcoded "lib64" instead of "lib" in configure.in, to get the
> location of gmmproc. If that's necessary then we need a generic
> solution, such as getting the full path from pkg-config. A patch for
> glib would be welcome.

I fixed that by using
pkg-config --variable=libdir glibmm-2.4
instead of
pkg-config --variable=prefix glibmm-2.4

No need to fix anything in glibmm I think, assuming it is always under
<libdir>/glibmm-2.4/proc/.

> 2. The use of the *_new() functions in the constructors means that
> signals and vfuncs will not work. You need to investigate whether the
> _new() functions do anything other than g_object_new() and either
> a) Patch the C lib.
> b) Duplicate some of that code in the .ccg file.

Ok this will take some studying from my side :-) because I am not
exactly an expert on C gtk.

> I have included a patch (sorry for the extra junk - I usually do cvs
> patches.) that fixes some things.

I have setup a SVN repo under https://erwin.homelinux.net/repos/gdlmm ,
which should make things easier (even for someone that usually does cvs
patches :-)

> Well done.

Thank you a lot for the patch, that holds enough info for me to continue
a while until I bump into the next thing and will call on the gtkmm list
again :-)

- Erwin