Re: gtk_ctree wrappers

On 9/14/05, Bryan Forbes <bryan reigndropsfall net> wrote:
> You shouldn't have to use GtkCTree since it's been deprecated in gtk+
> 2.0.  You should check out GtkTreeView and GtkTreeModel.
>
> -Bryan Forbes

Ooops.. I didn't know that GtkCTree has been deprecated. Actually, I
am implementing a widget that can show directory hierarchy (similar to
windows explorer), e.g.

 +-dir1

 --dir2
 |   |-----dir21
 |   |-----dir22
 |            |------dir221
 |            |----+dir222

 +-dir3

and was looking for a suitable base for it and happen to come across
MPlayer GUI code for its playlist which is quite similar. Digging
inside, I saw it is done through GtkCTree (the reason for my OP). I
have looked at Gtk::TreeView and some related classes but ain't able
to figure out how to do it. Is it possible to do it using
Gtk::TreeView?

Thanks
Ramashish