Re: Bug (?) in Gtk::FileChooserDialog

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 18:26 +0200, Sean Farrell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> what is the fundamental difference between the FileSelection and the
> FileChooserDialog?

They look different and have different capabilities. FileSelection is
deprecated.

> The problem I have is the following:
>
> I am using Gtk::GL:DrawingArea (gtkglexmm 1.1) to render openGL
> geometries and stuff. Now when I invoke a FileChooserDialog the
> DrawingArea crashes with a segmentation fault. It shows the following
> error: "GdkGLExt-WARNING **: glXMakeCurrent() failed" just beforehand.
>
> When I use (old) FileSelection dialog all runs fine; with any other
> dialog too.

It would probably be best to create a simple-as-possible test case. Then
you could try getting the same error without OpenGL, or try it with a
GtkFileChooser with C instead of a Gtk::FileChooser. I suspect that
gtkmm has not influence on the problem, so it might be in GTK+ or
gtkglex.

valgrind or gdb's backtrace might also help.

www.openismus.com