Fwd: [OFF] Convert int to ustring

Whoops, I just stupidly hit Reply instead of Reply-to. :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: R. Douglas Barbieri <dooglio gmail com>
Date: Oct 31, 2005 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [OFF] Convert int to ustring
To: Ole Laursen <olau hardworking dk>

On 10/30/05, Ole Laursen <olau hardworking dk> wrote:
[snip]
> One way out is my light-weight (one header) compose library
>
>   http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/compose/

That is really nice! I'm itching to try it out (at work right now, so can't).

A little offtopic, but:

This reminds me of the Microsoft CString class, which has a "Format()"
method. The arguments are a lot like sprintf(), but the output goes
back into the class instance. I always found that handy, but hated to
have to convert between string types.

Of course, Microsoft also added to the whole
"which-string-class-do-I-use" mess with additional string classes:
_bstr_t, CComBSTR, and CString in addition to the STL
std::basic_string class and it's incarnations.

Oh fun :-)
--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug dooglio net