Re: Questions on Key-Press Event

Bob Caryl wrote:

The difference in what I did, and what you did is this: I am capturing key strokes at the *application* level rather than at the level of an individual window level; because I can have more than one window open at any given time in my application and I want a particular keystroke to invoke my on demand help regardless of what window had focus at the time. This method allows me to do this without overriding all those on_key_released() methods in all the windows I might have displayed. At you can see from the GdkEventKey structure definition, a pointer to the window receiving the keystroke is provided to me.

yes, i see the difference, but still i cant understand what this suggestion could be usefull for the problem Efrat Regev has about
".....When my main window overrides on_key_press_event, I
get notified of these events, but the keyboard has no
effect on the window's menu.....". I mean, how to resolve that problem?
How would you discriminate between a keystroke that must be let going to the window's menu from one should not go there?

Luca