statusbar components don't remain attached to the left corner of the window

Hi,

In my gtkmm application, for some considerents, i need to introduce into the statusbar some labels and alignments , ones that display the sistem date/time, and others - the full path of a file (the application is a text editor).

The problem is that, when i try to resize the main window (in wich the statusbar is included) the component of the statusbar don't resize with the rest of the mainwindow, they remain with fixed size. I need that all components of the statusbar resize when all the main window is resized (for example the main window is maximised)

The statusbar is made with the folowing code:

timelabel = new Gtk::Label();
  leftlabel = new Gtk::Label();

  leftalign = new Gtk::Alignment(Gtk::ALIGN_LEFT,Gtk::ALIGN_CENTER,0.0,0.0);
  rightalign = new Gtk::Alignment(Gtk::ALIGN_RIGHT,Gtk::ALIGN_CENTER,0.0,0.0);

  leftalign->set_size_request(450,8);
  rightalign->set_size_request(400,8);

  leftalign->add(*leftlabel);
  rightalign->add(*timelabel);

  statusBar->pack_start(*leftalign,Gtk::PACK_EXPAND_WIDGET);
  statusBar->pack_start(*rightalign,Gtk::PACK_EXPAND_WIDGET);
  statusBar->set_resize_mode(Gtk::RESIZE_IMMEDIATE);
  leftalign->resize_children();
  rightalign->resize_children();

  statusBar->resize_children();
  statusBar->show_all_children();
And the main window pack all its components into a VBox :
 mainBox.pack_end(*(status.statusBar),Gtk::PACK_SHRINK);

Here is the result as atachement:

Thank you for your help.

Anca

PNG image