Re: GtkDrawingArea color problem ;)

Derive your own drawingArea from Gtk::DrawingArea and Gtk::Window::add
to your derived window class.  Set your drawingArea's  background color
in its constructor.  Create or load your images where you will, but put
code into your derived drawingArea's on_expose_event method that acesses
those images and does the rendering in that method.

Bob Caryl

congo imafexbb sk wrote:

>Hi,
>  I've got problems with drawingarea color background problem but i think
>it much more problem than only drawing area ;). But first :).My app
>consists of Menu and the Drawing area :). But when i set backgound for
>the draing area everyting looks ok;) but when i'm using menu the drawing
>area looses the background color that i have set and get's the default
>background color ;). The funny thing is that it looses my set color only
>when the menuitems have image ;). The second but i think the same
>problem is when i'm trying to put images on the drawing area ;) . When i
>load for example two images and the i try to view then on the DrArea :).
>They can be seen but only  for a while (not even a second) ;(. So can
>someone get my an advice what am i doing wrong ? Please.
>           Jan Vongrej (congo)

begin:vcard
fn:Robert L Caryl Jr.
n:Caryl Jr.;Robert L
org:Fiscal Systems, Inc.
adr:;;102 Commerce Circle;Madison;AL;35758-2706;USA
email;internet:bob fis-cal com
title:Senior Systems Designer
tel;work:256-772-8920 x108
tel;fax:256-772-8590