Re: Question about CellRendererText foreground font color change...

On 11/8/05, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
> On 11/8/05, R. Douglas Barbieri <dooglio gmail com> wrote:
> > So, no takers? :-) I guess I'm on my own on this one...
> >
> > On 11/5/05, R. Douglas Barbieri <dooglio gmail com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a TreeView widget and I'm trying to get the font color in a
> > > column to change to something other than black.
> > >

> Does this get you anywhere?
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2003-October/msg00067.html

Thanks for passing this link along, but I'm afraid that it doesn't get
me any further.

In order to demonstrate, I've put together a program (actually, I
stole the example code from the treeview/list project and modified it
to attempt to set the foreground color. I mean, they say mediocrity
merely borrows but genius *steals* :-) ).

Download it here: http://www.dooglio.net/list.tar.gz
[I even included a makefile for easy compiling--you need pkg-config
for it to work].

In the example, there are two extra hidden columns: m_col_fontcolor
and m_col_backgroundcolor. They are both of type "Glib::ustring". I
added a background color to show that property working correctly.

For all three of the rows, I attempt to change the font color and
background color for each entry. The background color change takes on
each row, but the font color stays black (even when the background
color is black, for example--yikes!).

>From everything I've read in the docs, and judging from the way the
other properties work, the foreground font *should* change color but
it does not. I think this is a gtkmm bug, unless someone else can show
me anything I'm doing incorrectly. :-)

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug dooglio net