RE: Video software on Windows

Ay up,

> I would like to know if someone has tried or if it is
> possible to make a
> video editor software with GTKmm widgets. I have a friend
> that needs to
> build and execute a project of designing a video editor software on
> Microsoft Windows and he is still looking for a library to
> deal with the
> video. What I would like to know is if we can build an interface with
> GTKmm able to control of it. Could you understand?

Have a gander at gstreamer.freedesktop.org and follow the "applications"
link, you can see a set of multimedia programs there that use gstreamer, and
for the most part, GTK+. I think somebody was working on getting gstreamer
up and running on win32, might already be working.

Probably less useful, somebody is writing a tasty looking video editor in
C#/Mono, might pay to look at what they've done.

Gaz