Video software on Windows

Hi there.

I would like to know if someone has tried or if it is possible to make a video editor software with GTKmm widgets. I have a friend that needs to build and execute a project of designing a video editor software on Microsoft Windows and he is still looking for a library to deal with the video. What I would like to know is if we can build an interface with GTKmm able to control of it. Could you understand?

Thank you in advance.

Arthur