Re: Gtk::Calendar

Bob Caryl wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am using the above entitled class in my application. Everything works as advertised except for a class method called "marked_date" that I have found in the docs that purportedly should allow me to access an array containing boolean values that indicate which days during a given month have been "marked."

When I compile my code, the compiler complains that Gtk::Calendar::marked_date method is undefined. In point of fact, a perusal of gtkmm/calendar.h reveals that it is, in fact, not there.

Anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong here, or possibly were I should look to figure this out? My inability to retrieve which days have been marked is pretty much going to render this calendar idea useless to me otherwise.

Thanks!

Bob Caryl

P.S.  `pkg-config --modversion gtkmm-2.4` == "2.6.2"

Hello again,

I did a bit of research and found an array in the GdkCalendar structure called marked_dates. So I tried to use the Gtk::Calendar::gobj method this way to access it:

Gtk::Calendar calendar;

for(gint i = 0; i < 31; i++
   if(calendar.gobj()->marked_date[i])
   {
       // do some stuff here
   }

When I compile this, I get the following errors:

employee.cpp:1823: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct _GtkCalendar
/opt/gnome/include/gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm/calendar.h:33: error: forward declaration of `struct _GtkCalendar'
make: *** [employee.o] Error 1

I think I'm probably on the right track here... but I'm probably skipping an object reference somehow. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks again,

Bob Caryl