Re: std::function ?

Thks for keeping us abreast.  Gtkmm is all about C++ and to me, the C++
committee is totally missing the big picture, which limits gtkmm.  Whether
it's the language, or the toolkit, or the ide, I don't see any progress here
that's going to speed up our production 1.1x much less 3x with less bugs
while maintaining decent performance, but that's what we really need and have
to be headed towards.  The C++ committee has not advanced any significant
ease of use improvements in the last 8 years or so since STL was adopted,
meanwhile java, c#, python, ruby, XUL, Objective C are all moving forward.

In the link, Sutter asks what if there were different flavors of string -  duh
guess what, every toolkit now has it's own string class now because the C++
group hasn't modernized to accomodate UTF-8.  so now we have string,
std::string, ustring(Gtkmm), Qstring(Qt), FxString(Fox).....   At least
Walter Bright's D is much more progressive, too bad it doesn't seem to be
totally backward compatible.

Maybe we should be working towards "gtkdd"  - it would be moving forward, not
maintaining status quo.
John