Re: Added tooltip to display details of items in TreeView

Tony Yum wrote:

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:58 +0400, Andrew E. Makeev wrote:
Tony Yum wrote:

In your case you should use Gdk namespace: Gdk::POINTER_MOTION_MASK.
Ah, I just noticed the warning

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_events: assertion `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED
(widget)' failed

So I cannot do set_events or add_events when a widget is realized? But
my tree view came from libglademm so it was realized as soon as I get
it.

Try to connect to signal_realize, and do add_events there.
Also, for motion event and for signal_realize use after flag = false when connecting.
Syntax like: signal().connect( sigc::mem_fun( object, &mem_fun ), false );

I'm just wondering what does the second argument in the connect function
do? I looked around the sigc tutorial, doesn't seem to have this syntax.
Also the signal_motion_notify_event doesn't take an additional bool
argument. ??? confused ???

That connection syntax should probably be:

signal().connect(sigc::bind<bool>(sigc::mem_fun(object, &mem_fun), false));

where mem_fun expects the boolean value as a formal parmater.

Bob Caryl