Re: gtkmm for Windows

Indeed there's people working with gtkmm on Win32. I'm one of them. You can find binaries at http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ If you are going to work under Win98, I recommend you these days to work with the GTK+ 2.4 series, because the 2.6 series don't work on such platform. But answering your question: yes, I did have a good experience with Windows and gtkmm, it's practical and very C++.

Leandro

Redefined Horizons wrote:

I currently use GTK and the GTK-Server to build GUIs for a scripting
language known as newLisp.

However, I am in the process of learnign C++ and would like to
continue to use GTK for my GUI library. Most of my development is done
for Windows platforms, although I am just getting started with gentoo
Linux.

The FAQ mentioned gtkmm could be compiled for Windows. Is there anyone
who has done this successfully? Is there a group of developers using
gtkmm for Windows that I can contact?

I'm trying to determine if gtkmm is practical for GTK/C++ development
on Windows. If it is not, can you suggest another open source
alternative?

Thanks for the info.

The Sunburned Surveyor