How to install a new "property"?

Hi,

I want to write a "captioned image" cell renderer
using gtkmm, which can display an image(pixbuf) with a
caption under it in a list view. (as in the preference
dialog of Anjuta). I wrote a class as follows. I need
add an extra property called "text" to the renderer.
My question is how I can install/register the new
property (do I need do that at all?) Is the function,
PropertyBase::install_property, for this purpose?
Thanks.

Dan

-------

class CellRendererCaptionedImage:
public Gtk::CellRendererPixbuf
{
public:
Glib::PropertyProxy<Glib::ustring> property_text() ;

Glib::PropertyProxy_ReadOnly<Glib::ustring>
property_text() const;
CellRendererCaptionedImage();

protected:

virtual void get_size_vfunc(Gtk::Widget& widget, const
Gdk::Rectangle* cell_area, int* x_offset, int*
y_offset, int* width, int* height) const;

virtual void render_vfunc(const
Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Drawable>& window, Gtk::Widget&
widget, const Gdk::Rectangle& background_area, const
Gdk::Rectangle& cell_area, const Gdk::Rectangle&
expose_area, Gtk::CellRendererState flags);

private:
Gtk::CellRendererText* m_caption;
};

CellRendererCaptionedImage::CellRendererCaptionedImage():
m_caption(Gtk::manage(new Gtk::CellRendererText()))
{
/*
install_property(g_param_spec_string ("text","Text",
	      "Caption of the image",  NULL,
GParamFlags)G_PARAM_READWRITE));*/
}

Glib::PropertyProxy<Glib::ustring>
CellRendererCaptionedImage::property_text()
{
return Glib::PropertyProxy<Glib::ustring>(m_caption,
"text");
}

Glib::PropertyProxy_ReadOnly<Glib::ustring>
CellRendererCaptionedImage::property_text() const
{
return
Glib::PropertyProxy_ReadOnly<Glib::ustring>(m_caption,
"text");
}