Re: Displaying simple HTML in gtkmm app

On Saturday 26 March 2005 18:29, Ole Laursen wrote:

[snip]

> My GTK+ it getting rusty, but what about using gobj() like this:
>
>   gtkhtml *cview = ...;
>   Gtk::Frame *my_frame = ...; //
>
>   // get the underlying C instance of frame and add cview to it with GTK+
>   gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(my_frame.gobj()), GTK_WIDGET(cview));
>
> Then you can do whatever you want with my_frame using the gtkmm
> interface, and similarly do whatever you want with cview using its C
> interface.

The equivalent following my suggestion would be:

    gtkhml* cview = ...;
    GtkWidget* frame = gtk_frame_new(0);

    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(frame), GTK_WIDGET(cview));

    Gtk::Frame* my_frame = Glib::wrap(GTK_FRAME(frame));
    ...;

Either of these would seem to give the same result.  In both cases the user is
coding gtkhtml in the native interface, so apart from that I think it is a
matter of taste.  (I think I slightly prefer your version.)

Chris.