Re: Displaying simple HTML in gtkmm app

Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk> writes:

> I do not really know anything about gtkhtml, but I do not think there is a
> corresponding gtkmm-compatible C++ class wrapping it, so your approach will
> not work.  If you need to put a gtkhtml object in a gtkmm container, the best
> bet would probably be to put it in the equivalent GTK+ container first
> (assuming that that is possible with gtkhtml and GTK+), and wrap the GTK+
> container to form the equivalent gtkmm container.  You can put the gtkmm
> container anywhere in gtkmm which excepts that container type.

My GTK+ it getting rusty, but what about using gobj() like this:

  gtkhtml *cview = ...;
  Gtk::Frame *my_frame = ...; //

  // get the underlying C instance of frame and add cview to it with GTK+
  gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(my_frame.gobj()), GTK_WIDGET(cview));

Then you can do whatever you want with my_frame using the gtkmm
interface, and similarly do whatever you want with cview using its C
interface.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/