Re: Documentation Request

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 13:30 -0600, Bob Caryl wrote:
> What I need to do is:  When a row is selected (and probably when the
> state of the check box is toggled) I need to determine the ancestor of
> the current row if it has one.  I then need to determine if any of its
> children's checkboxes are "activated" and then activate the ancestor's
> check box, proceeding recursively up the treestore until I hit the top
> level.

Gtk::TreeModel::iterator::parent() and
Gtk::TreeModel::iterator::children() should let you navigate up and
down.

> So, what I am struggling with now is deriving my own version of
> Gtk::TreeModel

Whoah there. It's extremely unlikely that you want to do that just to
find out about some child rows. And you are not ready for such an
advanced technique.

You seem very confused about the TreeView. You really should read the
book chapter before guessing at stuff from the API:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/ch08.html

www.openismus.com