Re: Handle multiple windows (inside a main-window) by Gtk::RadioToolButton in a Gtk::Toolbar

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 21:36 +0500, Mr. Masood wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to create a main-window (a Gtk::Window) having a set
> of multiple windows (sub-windows). At any time only one
> sub-window is visible inside the main-window. Each
> sub-window has a corresponding Gtk::RadioToolButton on a
> Gtk::Toolbar in the main-window, with sub-window's title as
> its Gtk::Label. When any RadioToolButton is clicked, it is
> pressed, the corresponding sub-window becomes visible in
> the main-window and the previous sub-window hides and its
> RadioToolButton is depressed. When a new sub-window is
> opened by user, it is added to the sub-windows list, and
> its RadioToolButton is appended to the Toolbar. When any
> arbitrary sub-window is destroyed, its corresponding
> RadioToolButton is also destroyed and hides from Toolbar.
> This is similar to "X-Chat ver 2.0.7" program's behavior. My
> priority is to do it using Gtkmm and not Gnomemm nor any
> other one. How cat I do this?

Sounds to me like you'd do better with a notebook.  Then just reparent
the notebook "page" from glade when you create a new page.  You can also
use any widget for the notebook tab, so that means you could use a HBox
with label and close button.