Re: Handling Unix signals?

Toralf Lund wrote:

[...]
What exactly would those problems be? I found some comments in earlier list posts, but they left me none the wiser...

The gtkmm documentation says:
"After instantiation, Glib::Dispatcher will never lock any mutexes on its own. The interaction with the GLib main loop might involve locking on the /receiver/ side. The /sender/ side, however, is guaranteed not to lock, except for internal
locking in the |write()| system call."
This very locking in write() is an unpleasant probability. If the receving buffer is overfilled then there would be a lock. As far as I can understand, the fifo, recommended in those discussions, suffers this problem, too. :-(
   Igor Gorbounov