GTKmm/Pango issue.

Hi list

I have been experiencing some weird behavior ever since I have been
linking to the 'ntwdblib' (DBlib for C) or 'libxslt' (v1.1.14.win32) on
win32 platform.

I am busy porting a GTK+ (c) to GTKmm(c++), the port is working
(compiles and runs) but as soon as I link to the above mentioned libs
the below occurs.

1.) Menus and Toolbars using Built in Stock Icons do not render icons
only text.
2.) Widgets using Stock Icons (Gtk::Button created with a StockID)
render garbage text on the button and gtk warns : "Invalid UTF-8 string
passed to pango_layout_set_text()"

I have searched some gtk mailing lists which sways towards an issue with
non UTF-8 string being passed around. But can't seem to figure out the
context of my issue(linking to arb static librarys)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Guilio Karadanais

Details ->