Re: GTKmm installation problems

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 06:57 -0700, Ananth Jois wrote:
> Hello all,
>         I am trying to install gtkmm-2.6.3 on my Red
> Hat Fedora core 3 system. The following are the
> dependent libraries i have installed:
[snip]
> i downloaded all the libraries as sources and used
>
> 1. ./configure --prefix=/usr
> 2. make
> 3. make install

You are replacing your installed (from rpms) gtkmm with one built from
source. This makes a terrible mess of your system. You should either
update the RPMS to the latest version or install sources in a separate
prefix. When using a separate prefix you will need to set several
environment variables.

www.openismus.com